What is a SKA Rating?
Designed by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) in 2009, the SKA rating compliance scheme is an environmental certification system that evaluates fit-out projects according to a set of sustainable, good practice criteria.
SKA allows organisations to make informed decisions about fit-out projects, with an emphasis on sustainability within the corporate agenda. It is estimated that 11% of UK construction spending is on fit-outs and that buildings may have 30-40 fit-outs during their lifecycle.
Sustainability increasingly makes good business sense as research demonstrates an expected increase in the asset value of low-carbon labelled buildings compared with standard speculative buildings.
The design of this rating system integrates the highest level of sustainability within every stage of a fit-out project.
How SKA benefits you?
SKA provides a set of standards that demonstrates environmentally conscious property occupation through:
- Promotion of wellbeing within working environments;
- Reduction of fit-out costs through innovative sustainable solutions;
- Reduction of ongoing operational costs through the reduction of energy and water usage (fit-outs give the opportunity to install resource efficient equipment);
- Improvement of an organisation’s reputation as being environmentally and sustainably conscious.
How can Longevity Partners help you?
We have extensive experience in SKA certifications and can:
- Set SKA rating targets, through a formal assessment process to assure targeted performance standards are met;
- Provide consultancy advice on certification with our expert knowledge on SKA – we have over six years’ experience in SKA certification and have performed dozens of assessments across Europe;
- Benchmark the sustainability of fit-outs across a portfolio of buildings;
- Attain certification to report sustainable performance of properties or maintain a Ska rated building under the whole building assessment method.