BREEAM In-Use International is the most preferred environmental assessment tool in Europe for the development of green buildings. Not only is it applicable to all countries but it is also recognised by the international investment community as the leading tool for describing the environmental performance of property assets. It will allow you to develop sustainable, responsible and innovative green buildings.
What type of buildings can receive a BREEAM In-Use certification?
All non-domestic asset types that meet the following criteria:
- The asset has been occupied for at least one year and consumption data is available for the duration of that time
- The asset must contain rooms that are occupied for longer than 30 minutes at a time
- The asset must be a complete and finished structure
- The asset is compliant with all the relevant environmental and health and safety legislation in its location
What do you need to do to comply?
BREEAM In-Use covers major environmental issues that affect buildings throughout their operational life. It captures data across nine key sustainability categories:
- Land Use & Ecology
- Health & Wellbeing
The scoring system is based on BREEAM credits. Each best practice measure (209 in total) has a different impact on the overall rating. The assessments are split across three different phases which can be undertaken independently.
- Asset performance: the performance of the asset’s built form, construction fixtures and installed services
- Building management: how well a property asset is managed
- Occupier management: tenant engagement and reducing tenant impact
How does a BREEAM In-Use Certification benefit you?
- Help increase your GRESB score
- Meet all the requirements that may be included in the company Fit-Out guide
- Achieving sustainability credentials in line with your company’s environmental policy
- Facilitate tenant engagement
- Review the performance of the entire asset portfolio, enabling benchmarking and the identification of high and underperforming assets
- Identifying priorities for investment to improve building performance and staff productivity
How can Longevity help you?
- Manage the entire certification process in any European country
- Evaluate asset against requirements and use outcome to increase GRESB score
- Act as advisers on all matters related to sustainability and energy
- Enhance internal review and auditing processes
- Provide consistent assessment standards all over Europe
Why is it the best choice for funds?
- BREEAM In-Use is a scheme to help building managers reduce the running costs and improve the environmental performance of existing buildings
- It provides building owners, managers, investors and building occupiers with a consistent and credible means of determining the impact and performance of their buildings and determines areas for improvements
- The assessment process encourages year on year improvements
- BREEAM In-Use gives investors and owners of large property portfolios the opportunity to gain a distinctive edge, setting them apart from the competition