SKA ratings help organisations make informed decisions about fit-out projects in the context of the growing importance of sustainability on the corporate agenda.
SKA is the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors' environmental assessment tool designed to measure the performance of responsible fit out projects. It ensures that the highest level of sustainability is integrated at every stage of a project.
The SKA Process
The framework consists of eight different categories:
- Project delivery
The scoring system works on the basis of choosing your own targets. There are a total of 109 measures that can be achieved and 3 different ranks: Bronze, Silver and Gold. To promote certain aspects of sustainability, some “measures” are more important than others, therefore become known as “gateway measures” and need to be achieved if you want to get your desired rating.
How Can Longevity Partners Help You?
- Use SKA rating to set performance targets for fit outs across your portfolio of buildings
- Qualified SKA Assessors with over 6 years experience in assessments
- Act as advisers on all matters related to sustainability and energy
- Access to a network of professionals that can help meet the requirements of the various credits
How Does an SKA Rating Benefit You?
- Increases cost-savings
- Promotes staff engagement and reinforces staff wellbeing
- Benefits annual reports and internal environmental policy
- Helps meet legal and statutory compliance
- Can be used to support your EMA (ISO 14001)