What is Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)?
LEED is an internationally recognised green building certification scheme that encourages sustainable design, construction and operations of buildings.
It is designed to guide and distinguish high-performance commercial and institutional projects and concentrates on improving performance across five key areas:
- Energy efficiency
- Indoor environmental quality
- Materials selection
- Sustainable site development
- Water savings
LEED certification demonstrates that a property or facility has maximised the efficiency of operations whilst minimising the impact on the environment. Without this assurance, projects can face market disadvantage. A third-party verification can be critical in showing the sustainability and resilience of buildings.
Progressive companies understand the significance of sustainability in the evolving marketplace and recognise that integrating the LEED certification into projects can create value and contribute to bottom line growth.
LEED certification indicates integrated design with consideration of energy and water efficiency, whilst increasing occupant health and comfort.
What are the benefits of LEED Certification?
Although BREEAM is widely used in Europe, some investors prefer to use LEED certifications which are widely applicable globally. The benefits are:
- Maximisation of operational efficiencies;
- Enhancement of asset value and marketability;
- Reduction of waste, conservation of energy and water;
- Third party validation of sustainable accomplishments;
- Higher rental income and value of properties.
How can Longevity Partners help you?
Longevity can support you at every stage of your LEED certification, from the concept design phase through the development stage or the post construction stage. We can:
- Manage the LEED certification process
- Utilise our experience of over 2 million sq ft of LEED certification to advise on all matters related to sustainability and energy
- Access our network of professionals that can help meet the requirements of the various credits
- Perform high level assessments such as:
- Life Cycle Analysis (LCA)
- Life Cycle Costing (LCC)
- Water simulation
- Energy modelling
- BIM modelling