Part-time Accounts Assistant
Head Office, London
To carry out general accounting and administrative assistant to the Finance team.
Key responsibilities, Accountabilities, and Outcomes
- Daily/Weekly accounting function for our group companies:
- Supplier invoices (£/€) – Dealing with supplier invoices, queries and payments
- Customer invoices and credit control (£/€) – Raising monthly and quarterly customer invoices as instructed, capturing receipts and dealing with outstanding accounts
- Bank reconciliations – prepare reconciliations on a weekly basis
- Bank statements – save down bank statements for the acquisition finance team
- Reporting – weekly 3rd party reporting to the acquisitions team
- Monthly accounting function for our group companies:
- Bank reconciliations on Sage
- Petty cash reconciliations on excel and Sage
- Debit and credit card reconciliations on Sage
- Transfer of funds between companies to settle related party loans
- Run nominal ledger checks
- Entering salary journals on Sage
- Schedule monthly finance meeting, prepare agenda, take notes during meeting and updating minutes
- Credit control – sending out statements
- CIS and VAT reviews and filing
- Helping out with month-end reporting, including posting journals
- Quarterly accounting function for our group companies:
- Bank mandate review – to make sure that the bank mandate report is up-to-date
- Update 3rd party fee schedules for FD
- Fixed asset register – making sure that we maintain a detailed FAR and that all invoices have been filed
- Ad hoc duties:
- Assisting FC and FD
- Updating financial statements and assisting with audit queries
- Updating procedure notes
- Maintaining manual and computerised records.
- Producing weekly information and reports and circulate to relevant parties.
- Assisting and giving advice, where required, with queries from other members of the team, senior management or the Risk & Compliance Committee.
- Maintaining accurate computerised and manual records which may include handling sensitive or confidential data.
This is not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be required of the post holder. Duties may be changed, after discussion, to suit the operational requirements of London Harbour.
Competencies, Skills and Experience
- Part qualified ACCA/CIMA, Qualified AAT or equivalent
- Corporate Accounting Experience
- Demonstrable experience and ability to use ICT packages i.e. Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Sage Line 50 and data management solutions.
- Highly organised, reliable, efficient and proactive with a positive can-do attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines or time frames without compromising the quality of work and maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly in writing and verbally, including drafting correspondence and documents.
- Accurate and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a varied and demanding role
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Self-starter, with ability to work independently and take responsibilities/ownership
- Ability to exercise discretion and judgement when handling sensitive or confidential information.
- Experience of general office procedures and good practices. Proactive and pragmatic approach with excellent team working ethos.
- Ability to prioritise, be flexible, adaptable and approachable with a willingness to learn and take on new responsibilities.
Email us with a copy of your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org